Collecting Art, take a look here
Good afternoon. Hope your week is going well. I havent got much to share so this will be a short blog.
The painting is called Golden Hour. Fun part of this painting is the creation of it. I ordered some precut 3 8 inch birch panels 16x20 and some reminent linen canvas. Company was SourceTek in Arizona. I made the panels and this was painting number 1.. Artists who paint on linen will tell you how much smoother the surface is to standard canvas. Also how smooth the painting goes on. Plus you are making the painting surface so that is fullfilling also.
Golden Hour was developed from my trip in the West and watching the sunsets create that Golden Hour of if the last light of the day going from gold to red in about a hour. Nautrally the shadows and rock formation cast the light and darks of the hour. This painting is 15x20 on a linen panel unframed.
Shows I am entering coming up are Black and White with a touch of color, RIdge Art Association June, and Melvin Gallery Show July Lakeland Art Association . Things have been quiet at the gallery that supports me, but hoping that will pick up. Actually I have cut back on paintings per month also. So taking some time away from studio also,
Thats it for this blog. Have a blessed week and see ya. ,
Comments
Post a Comment